栖息谷-管理人的网上家园

楼主:kingmiao - 

[推荐]四十二天学会英语的模范短文

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:47:23 | 显示全部楼层

第三十天:To rise early  论早起 

I do not know the reason why some people want to get up late. They will never have the opportunity to enjoy (of enjoying) the fresh air and calmness of the morning. This is indeed a quite regrettable thing. 

To rise early is a good habit (which) we should cultivate. Why? Because the best time when we can pursue our studies is in the morning. In addition, early rising is also good to our health. I hope that everybody our knows the reason why we must rise early. 

我不知道某些人要晚起的理由。他们永不会有机会来享受早晨的新鲜空气和宁静。这真是一件 发令人遗憾的事情。 

早起是我们应该养成的一种良好习惯。为什么?因为早晨是我们从事学业的大好时间。再者,早起对我们健康也有益处。我希望每个人应该知道我们必须早起的理由。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:48:04 | 显示全部楼层
第三十一天:Thrift  节俭 

There is not a (no) thrifty man but becomes a rich man sooner or later. Why? Because he will not spend such money as is unnecessary. Little by little his money will accumulate. Ten to one, he is bound to make a fortune. 

I do not like such men as spend their money in a wrong way. They do not know extravagance is a bad thing. It can only make them happy for the time being. In short, thrift makes poor men rich and extravagance makes rich men poor. 

没有一个节俭的人迟早不成为一个富翁。为什么?因为他决不花像那种不必要的钱。渐渐他的钱就会聚积起来。十之八九,他一定会发财的。 

我不喜欢那种乱花钱的人。他们不知道奢侈是一件坏事。它只能够使他们暂时快乐而已。总而言之,节俭使穷人变富,奢侈使富人变穷。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:48:27 | 显示全部楼层

第三十二天:Perseverance  毅力/坚忍 

Needless to say, nothing but perseverance can lead a man to the way of success. In other words, a persevering man never does his work without succeeding in it. This is indeed unchangeable truth. 

Our National Father, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen, is the most ideal example. He was devoted to the revolution about forty years. He met with many failures, but he was anything but discouraged. As a result, he won. The Republic of China was born. 

不需说,只有毅力才能引导人迈向成功之途。换句话说,一个具有毅力的人做工作终是(never...without)会把它做成功的。这真是不易之定理也。 

我们国父孙中山先生是一个最理想的例了.致力国民革命凡四十年。他遭遇到许多次的失败,但是他决不灰心。结果,他赢了。中华民国诞生了。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:48:55 | 显示全部楼层

第三十三天:My mother  我母亲 

My mother is a woman of the old school. She is too conservative to keep up with the times. However, she is good-natured and treats others incerely. For this reason, all her neighbors are only too glad (pleased) to make friends with her. They consider her a model woman. 

She is a typical housewife. She keeps the (her) house neat and clean and looks after us with extreme care . She often says to us, "You cannot study too ard." 

我母亲是中国老式女子。她太保守无法跟上时代。然而,她性情善良,待人诚恳。基于此种理由,所有她的邻居都十分高兴和她结交朋友。他们认为她是模范女子。 

她是一位标准的家庭主妇。她把家保持整洁。她小心翼翼地照顾我们。她时常对我们说:“你们越用功越好”。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:49:21 | 显示全部楼层

第三十四天:Where there is a will, there is a way  有志者事竟成 

The secret of success (The key to success) is not so much money as a strong will. A great man is one who has a strong will and an indomitable spirit. In other words, if a man does not have a strong will to win (get) the final victory, he will never succeed in his life. He is no more than a failure. 

It is quite obvious that there is no difficult thing (nothing difficult) in the world. if you make up your mind to do it, you will certainly accomplish your end. That stands to reason. 

成功的要诀不是金钱而是一个坚强的意志(用not so mush... as)。一个大人物是一个具有坚强意志和不屈不挠精神的人。换句话说,如果一个人没有坚强意志去获得最后胜利的人,他终其一生永远不会成功。他只不过是(用no more than)一个失败者。 

很显明的世界上并没有难事。如果你下定决心去做它,你一定会达到目的。那是显而易见的。

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:50:14 | 显示全部楼层

第三十五天:Duties of a student  学生的责任 

Education is the very thing that we want to receive. Our parents send us to school so as to enable us to get (obtain) knowledge and achieve great things in the future. The following are the duties of a student (which) we should keep in mind. 

In the first place, we should be filial to our parents and respectful to our teacher. 

In the second place, we have to (must )study as hard as we can. 

In the third place, we must not tell lies. 

Last of all, we must not criticize others. 

To sum up, the above-mentioned rules are the very duties of a student. 

教育就是我们要接受的东西。我们父母送我们上学以便能使人们获得知识与将来成大事。下面是我们应该记住的学生的责任。 

我们应对父母要孝顺,对老师要尊敬。 

我们要尽可能的用功读书。 

我们切不可说谎。 

最后,我们不要批评别人。 

总而言之,上面所说的规则就是我们应尽的责任。

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:51:21 | 显示全部楼层
第三十六天:To be patient 要忍耐 

When someone disagrees with you or offends you, don't lose your temper. Why? Because it is of no use to do so. You ought to (should) be patient and keep calm lest you should quarrel with him. You must know that patience is not cowardice, but a virtue. I hope that everybody practices it. 

In addition, patience will also bring us success. When you meet with difficulties in your work, it is no use losing heart. You must keep on fighting until (till) the final victory belongs to you. 

当有人和你意见不同或开罪你的时候,你切不可发脾气。为什么?因为这样做是无用的(用of no use)。你应当忍耐并且保持冷静,唯恐和他争吵。你必须知道忍耐不是弱而是一种美德。我希望人人都实行它。 

另外,忍耐也会带给我们成功。当你在工作中遭遇到困难的时候,灰心是无用的。你必须继续作战直到最后胜利属于你为止。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:51:41 | 显示全部楼层

第三十七天:Sanitary ways in summer 夏天的卫生方法 

Not only is summer a hot season but also diseases are apt to happen. To us it is neither comfortable nor safe. 

If we do not wish to get sick, we must pay attention to the following sanitary ways in summer. 

Both fresh air and clean food are indispensable to us. 

We must try our best to get (obtain) them. 

We should take at least one bath every day. 

Don't wear dirty clothes. 

In conclusion, if we can carry out the above – mentioned rules, we will neither get (take/fall) sick nor suffer pain. 

夏天不仅是个炎热的季节,而且疾病也容易发生。它对我们既不舒适也不安全。我们希望不生病,就得注意下面那些夏天卫生的方法。 

新鲜空气和干净的食物两者对我们是不可缺少的。我们必须尽全力去获得它们。 

我们每天至少应当洗一个澡。 

不要穿脏衣服。 

总而言之,如果我们能实行上面所说的那些规则,我们既不会生病也不会吃苦。

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:51:58 | 显示全部楼层

第三十八天:Work while you work, play while you play 工作时工作,游玩时游玩 

Both work and play are necessary to us; the former gives us knowledge while the latter (gives) rest. An English proverb is well said: "Work while you work play while you play." It makes our life pleasant, efficient and successful. 

Work is one thing and play is another. It is of course not good to work all day long. However, it is also not good to play all day long. While you work, you should work in earnest. Then while you play, you will feel more relaxed and pleasant. That goes without saying. 

工作和游玩两者对我们都是必须的,前者给我们知识,后者给我们休息。英谚说得好“工作时工作,游玩时游玩”。它使我们的生活愉快,有效率以及成功。 

工作是一回事,游玩又是另一回事。整日工作自然不好。然而,整天游玩也是不好。当你工作时,你应认真工作。那末当你游玩时,你会觉得比较轻松愉快。那是不需说的。 

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-28 08:52:17 | 显示全部楼层

第三十九天:My favorite pastime 我心爱的消遣 

It goes without saying that work without rest will do harm to health. In other words, we had better take sufficient recreation to relax after work. 

There is no doubt that there are a number of amusements, such as playing ball games, collecting stamps, fishing, gardening, skating and so on. 

As for (to) me, I take great delight in gardening. Whenever I am at leisure, I am accustomed to growing flowers. I regard them as my most agreeable companion. 

不需说,工作而不休息会对健康有害的。换句话说,我们最好工作后,从事分的消遣来轻松一下。 

无疑的,消遣的种类很多,诸如打球,集邮,钓鱼,园艺,溜冰等等。 

就我而言,我大大喜欢园艺。每当我有闲暇的时候,我习惯于种花。我把它们看作是我最称心如意的伴侣。 

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表