851.Oh,dear,it's completely slipped my mind. 哦,天哪!我一点也想不起来了。
852.Get to the point. 有话直说,别吞吞吐吐。
853.Is it that you've never met the right woman? 是不是因为你从未遇到合适的女人呢?
854.But for some reason it's never worked out. 可是,由于某种原因从未成功。
855.She came from the right social background,as well,I felt really loved her. 她也有着理想的社会背景,我觉得自己真的爱
856.I found out that she was still seeing an old boyfriend of hers. 我发现她仍和她原来的男朋友会面。
857.She had told me that her relationship was all over,which was a lie. 她对我说过她同他的关系都结束了,这是句谎言。
858.Are you saying that it was because she had lied to you that you decided to break off the relationship? 你是不是说因为她向你撒过谎你就决定断绝关系?
859.Once I met someone who I thought I loved very deeply but…unfortunately she didn't share my religious views. 有一次我遇到了我爱得很深的人,可是……不幸的是她的宗教观念与我不同。
860.Does that sound old-fashioned? 这听起来是不是老俗套呢?
861.But I do feel it's important not to just drift into… a relationship,simply because I might be lonely. 可是,我确实认为重要的是不能因为我可能感到孤独而随随便便地建立关系。
862.And I think I would far prefer to do that…to live alone…rather than to marry somebody who isn't really… un… well,really what I'm looking for… what I really want. 我宁愿独身……也不同不是我真正寻找的人……不是我真正想要的人结婚。
863.I hear you and James are engaged at last. 我听说你和詹姆斯终于订婚了。
864.Where's the wedding going to be? 在哪儿举行婚礼?
865.We're not sure yet,probably in St.Albans. 还说不准,也许是在圣奥尔本教堂举行。
866.We're going to buy a flat or a small house somewhere inSouth London. 我们打算在南伦敦什么地方买一套住宅或一栋房屋。
867.Do you think your parents might let you make a flat upstairs in their house? 你看你父母会让你们在他们楼上占一套住房吗?
868.I don't really want to ask them,I'd rather find a place of our own. 我真不想求他们,我宁可找一个自己的住房。
869.Are you going to give up your job? 那你就不上班啦?
870.Yes,probably,but I may look for another one when we've settled in. 是的,也许就不干了。等我们安顿好以后没准儿我另找个工作。
Lesson 44 谈论别人
871.My brother came over last night and brought his new girlfriend. 我哥哥昨晚带他的新女朋友来了。
872.What does she look like? 她长得什么模样?
873.What colour's her hair? 她的头发是什么颜色的?
874.She's very blonde. 她有一头金发。
875.Her hair comes down like…Oh…just over the ears. 她的头发就像……噢……刚过了耳朵。
876.Does she wear glasses? 她戴眼镜吗?
877.I think you're thinking of someone else. 我想你可能说的是另外什么人。
878.What else can I tell you? 我还能告诉你些什么呢?
879.She's got a round face,very round face,and a very bigmouth. 她圆圆的脸,非常圆,一张比较大的嘴。
880.And when she laughs,her face is all mouth. 她要是一笑,她脸上就只看见一张嘴了。
881.People say he is weird. 人们说他有点古怪。
882.He knew Helen was going steady with Michael. 他早知道海伦与迈克尔的关系很稳
883.Helen told him to go away,but he just wouldn't listen. 海伦告诉他走开,可他就是不听。
884.He's a jerk. 他又蠢又笨。
885.I have just had another tripe to the Greek islands. 我又去希腊出差了。
886.We've rushed off our feet but they said that's a good sign. 我们的腿快跑断了,但他们倒说这是好征兆。
887.So she's gone rushing up to Leicester to sort things out. 所以她匆忙赶往莱斯特处理事情。
888.She always looks forward to your dos. 她一直盼着看看你的计算机磁盘控制系统。
889.Nothing serious,I hope. 但愿不会有什么问题。
890.You know what mother-in-laws are like,and Mary's is exception. 你可知道(婆婆)都是什么样人,玛丽的婆婆也不例外。
891.I thought I'd drop over for a drink or two. 我想来找你喝一两杯。
Lesson 45 旅游计划
892.What do you plan to do for your holiday? 你打算假期干什么?
893.Miami is the perfect place to be on holiday. 迈阿密是个度假的理想的地方。
894.I've dreamed a thousand times that I could lie down on Miami beach to relax. 我千百次地梦想过我能在迈阿密的海滩上放松放松。
895.It's not always nice and sunny in Miami,sometimes cloudy and rainy. 迈阿密的气候并非总是晴空丽日,有时也有阴天下雨的时候。
896.It's reported that its going to be drizzling tomorrow. 天气报告说明天会下蒙蒙细雨。
897.But I don't think it will spoil your trip. 但我想天气不会毁了你的旅行。
898.I suppose it's time to start thinking about the summer holidays again. 我想又该考虑度暑假的事了。
899.Personally,I'm quite content with Scotland. 就我个人而言,我对苏格兰挺满意。
900.It would be nice to go somewhere different. 要是去个别的地方就好了。
|