[复制链接] 1
回复
查看
打印 上一主题 下一主题
楼主
跳转到指定楼层
分享到:
发表于 2008-2-14 16:31:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
今天看到一篇文章讲新东方某位老师的4-3-2英语学习方法。其中提到英语学习的两大支柱——信心与恒心,非常赞同。这也是我在我的English&You课程中,对于You非常强调的两个素质。
信心虽然不是张狂,但却是对自己的能力和素质的绝对信仰。有的时候可能就是没有任何原因与理由,就像逆向的偏执狂(Inverse Paranoid)一般。见到过很多女孩子,虽然长得不算漂亮,但是由于她们的自信,赋予了她们非常好的气质,留给我很特别很深刻的印象。在学习英语的过程中,很多朋友,虽然英语开始不太好,可是他们还是非常自信地上台发言,敢于用不标准的语音大声说英文,而另外一些人,总是害怕自己的发音不好,说得难听,而结果恰恰证明了这些自信的英语学习者,能够快速地提高自己的英语水平。
关于恒心,我之前的文章中,也是一直都在强调。今天就说一句话:将说英语、用英语养成你生活的一种习惯,使它变成你生活中不可或缺的一部分,你的英语就学好了!
用下面的这句话总结就是:"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance(坚定不移) and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." 
今日阅读:妈妈是一名作家
When Mommy Is a Writer     Sally Friedman
“And what do you do?” the gentleman seated to my right at a dinner party politely asked me. I was about thirty-two years old and the mother of three little girls.

“I’m a mom,” I answered proudly.

“Oh, so you don’t work?” He sniffed.

I will never forget the way this well-pedigreed captain of industry turned away from me in an instant to pursue a conversation with the woman on his other side—hopefully, somebody with a life.

And I never forgot the sympathetic looks, the rude withdrawals, the assumption that I was surely not important enough or enlightened enough to make decent conversation.

The women who were just starting to emerge in careers of their own back in the changing 1970s were sometimes equally disdainful. It was the era when all things seemed possible for women; Betty Friedan’s book The Feminine Mystique announced that the world was bigger than a baked potato. And suddenly, work was the answer to getting beyond the kitchen walls.

I was one of those women who didn’t work “outside the home,” as we were careful to enunciate, until my three daughters were safely launched in school at least for most of the day. I loved those years at home. But to be perfectly frank, I also found myself occasionally wondering whether I’d ever get my turn to do what I wanted.

It came. But in a carefully selected way.

I became a mommy-writer. In what turned out to be a perfect synthesis for me, I wrote about being a mom. That writing turned into a column. That column turned into something of a local institution that still goes on, thirty-three years and counting. My daughters grew up in my column, which made life both interesting and challenging for them—and for me.

Where were the boundaries? Was it fair to share with thousands of readers how Jill fared on her first date? How it felt when Amy and I, the glorious battlers in our family, stormed in and out of each other’s lives? When Nancy, the “baby,” left for college, and I had to leave the door of her room closed for months rather than weep each time I saw it empty?

Because my working life and home life collided constantly, it was sometimes impossible to figure out where one began and the other ended. My daughters were my “material.” And to make matters more complicated, they could all read by the time I started writing for a living. Never mind that my husband, a judge with a very public life, would have welcomed some privacy.

So in hindsight, would I have done anything—or everything—differently? Did my mommy life and my career have to be so inextricably intertwined? And so consuming?

Yes. No. Maybe . . .

Working from a home office, surrounded by laundry baskets, entertained by cries of “She hit me first!” and “I hate her!” and constantly battling the push-pull of Do I beg for an extension on my deadline so that I can go with the Brownie troop to the petting zoo? defined my life for years. Decades.

Like so many working mothers, I seemed in a constant war with myself. And the very nature of my work—revelation—meant that I often spilled the beans on my family to my readers.

All these years later, my daughters tell me that despite their furies, despite the times they slammed their doors in my face as if to say, “This will keep you out of my life,” they kind of liked their celebrity. Now they tell me that it was “cool” to have a mom who made them, well, kind of famous in the local sense.

What makes all of this seem to have yet another life is that now I’m writing about their children, our seven brilliant, beautiful, and altogether stupendous grandchildren!

“Grandma, stop writing about me!” the “larges,” as we call the older children of the bunch, lament. But I’ve been this route before, and I strongly suspect that Hannah, Isaiah, Sam, and Jonah don’t really mean it. I’ve even overheard them boasting to their schoolyard buddies, “My name was in the paper again!”

The “smalls,” Danny, Emily, and Carly, can’t read yet. I count it as a blessing, for now.

So will I go on doing this? Will I shamelessly make my life as a wife, mother, grandmother, woman—and my career—a complicated fusion?

I’m afraid so.

Because “living out loud” as the wonderful writer Anna Quindlen calls it, can become gloriously, hopelessly addictive.

沙发
发表于 2009-5-20 23:57:51 | 只看该作者

感谢提醒!

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表