[复制链接] 2
回复
查看
打印 上一主题 下一主题
楼主
跳转到指定楼层
分享到:
发表于 2008-1-30 21:48:35 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

为理想而拼搏固然美好,但不要把目光狭隘地锁定在那一点上,而无视过程中的一切,有时候理想是需要一段很长的时间来实现的,那么在没有达到目标之前的漫长过程里你会了无生趣地挨过时间吗?其实在任何时候任何地方都有快乐的存在。生活中不是缺少美,而是缺少发现的眼睛。

Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.

But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull in the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering-waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.

"When we reach the station, that will be it!" We cry. "When I'm 18." "When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes Benz!" "When I put the last kid through college." "When I have paid off the mortgage! " "When I get a promotion." "When I reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after!

Sooner or later, we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24:"This is the day which the Lord hath made;we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.

So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. The station will come soon enough.

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2008-1-30 21:50:40 | 只看该作者

relish vt. 欣赏,享受

restlessly adv. 不安地, 慌张地

aisle n 走廊jigsaw puzzle 拼图

idyllic adj 田园诗般的mortgage n 抵押
uppermost adj 最高的,最主要的motto n. 座右铭, 格言

板凳
发表于 2008-2-18 15:09:58 | 只看该作者
i like your sharing with me such kind of beautiful words.

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表