[复制链接] 2
回复
查看
打印 上一主题 下一主题
楼主
跳转到指定楼层
分享到:
发表于 2007-6-16 17:18:37 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

BILL GATES: Good morning, it’s a great honor to be on the panel with these distinguished leaders. This is my first time at the conference and I am very impressed with the important dialogue that is taking place as part of this meeting. I hope I wasn’t asked to be on the panel to represent the county with the lowest growth rate and highest deficit. I think what I’ll focus on is what’s changing in technology. I was surprised to see that the Thomas Friedman’s book, "The World is Flat," is not only popular in the Unites States but also countries throughout Asia.  It’s a big best-seller here in China. That book does an amazing job of talking about how two amazing things have come together. First, the economic development in Asia, particularly the investment, and the focus on education. Second are the advances in technology and the arrival of the Internet. What this has done is changed the rules. One simple way that I like to describe it is the opportunity of a person used to be determined by the country they are living in. Now we can say that the opportunity is much more determined on the education that they receive.

Advances in Asia

The advances in Asia are incredible. Even as I follow the numbers, it’s amazing to see it in person. To see the construction and go to the universities to see how the classes have become very world-class in their capabilities. Microsoft started a research center here in Asia just 10 years ago. The results have been quite amazing, among the best work in the world. Not only is Asia benefiting from technology, but Asia will be a major source of the breakthroughs and advances of technology. That will come from having companies start here. There was a survey done in the United States that asked where the next Bill Gates will come from. Sixty percent of the United States said that the next stunning success would come from Asia. I think it’s true and amazing that it’s so well recognized that the investment and changes here are leading to very innovative work.

What has technology done for us?

What has technology done for us? It’s given us the mobile phone, the PC and the Internet. We can say that a worker that has a PC can look at information in ways far better than a paper-based approach. They can use databases, communicate with customers and see trends. Things like video have allowed people to refresh their skills simply by clicking on a video or a quiz that will test their knowledge. The ability to ask their employees about their projects and their goals. The ability to reach out and share with them the goals of the company, and have constant tracking of the metrics that are important for your organization. More and more workers are empowered with this tool, the PC connected to the Internet. It is the greatest tool that mankind has ever created to leverage our creativity. It allows them to communicate and share information in rich ways. Today, for students, that means a shared machine that they can only use a limited time during the day in their school, library or community center. It’s our goal that the cost of machine is so low, that it’s something every student can have. By that time we expect it to take a new form. It will look like the size of a tablet of paper. You will be able to talk to the computer and have your speech recognized. You will be able to use a pen with ink and your writing will be recognized as well. That device, through connection to the Internet, will give you educational material beyond what any textbook can provide. It will eliminate that need for textbooks because the information will be presented on the screen.

The recent advances include things like video as a standard thing on the Internet. It includes bringing the telephone network together with the data network. You won’t have a separate desktop phone or a PBX in your organization. We can use software that connects over the Internet that gets a communications capability that’s not only lower cost but more effective than the phone system today. You can share documents and edit them together. If you want video conference, that will be very straight forward. If you come back to your office to see who has called, you will see that list immediately. This type of communication can have a very beneficial impact on productivity.

Technology and Government Transparency

For citizens, the use of technology allows governments to be more transparent. To see where the money is being spent. It allows them to share and voice common interest about where they see things that the government can do better. That’s a way to get people to share their views and solve the complex issues and complex tradeoffs that governments often face. Everyone today has cited the issue of equity. As we have these incredible economic, medical and education advances, will they share on an equal basis so that everyone can benefit? This is a huge challenge. As powerful as market incentives are, we often need to compliment them with government action and philanthropy and special incentives to make sure the benefits are very widespread.

We can look at drug development. Ninety percent of the developed drugs are aimed at the disease conditions of the richest 20 percent. I remember when my foundation organized a $20-million grant for a malaria vaccine and I was told it doubled the amount of money going towards that work. That’s really a stunning thing because this disease kills over a million children a year. There has not been enough energy put into it. For a number of reasons, the market incentives have not caused those achievements to be made. I am optimistic. I think with government efforts and commitments of companies, these equity initiatives are capable of making these advances widespread. For Microsoft that means give every kid a chance to use a computer connected to the Internet. In many countries, our projects with the governments have gone out to libraries and many are going out to schools. In China we have pilot programs out in the rural areas, training the teachers and bringing down the cost of connectivity. It’s very exciting to see that work proceeding.

Need for Increase in Educational Investment

The increase in educational investment needs to come at all levels. Universities are important factors, but also broad-based education is an important challenge. I think we can make that more effective. The world’s best lectures on any topic can be found on the Internet. If you want to learn about chemistry or physics, that information is there. We are seeing TV that used to be limited to channels, by moving to Internet TV, not only do you eliminate that channel, but you allow all video of interest to be accessed whenever it might be interesting. Academic material will easily be there. Students will be able to watch video, test their knowledge, and talk to other students. I do think that we can revolutionize education. It’s not just students, but also teachers, seeing the best practice or seeing what material they might use to do their job more effectively. Healthcare and education are increasing portions of every economy in the world. Making sure that we bring technology and equity to these sectors is very important.

Microsoft in Asia

Microsoft sees immense opportunity to make better software. We are initiating a great campus in Beijing and Shanghai that will more than double the capacity to bring great R&D people in those locations. It’s us and other major players driving this expansion throughout Asia. I think there is no doubt that as Asia corresponds with it’s part of the population, which is over 60 percent, the R&D base will also migrate in that direction. If we look at the number of science and engineering students, Asia is a high percentage of that. The quality of those students continues to improve to a level where they will be able to make contributions. Technology has already made the world a smaller place. It’s already made it easier to find information. In not too many years, you will be able to talk to your cell phone and ask information. You will be able to see maps and have digital currency. You will be able to communicate without thinking about phone numbers. It’s as easy as picking a person and asking to be in touch with them. It won’t just be the cell phone or the personal computer. The TV set and the car, we will have technology in a very pervasive way and make it incredibly user-centric.

The Asian Miracle

Let me close by saying the rapid peaceful economic development of Asia really is a miracle. It’s having incredible benefits on a worldwide basis. Understanding the key elements and how we can continue that, how technology can come in to play an increasingly positive role, that’s something I am very excited about and very committed to. I know that Microsoft can play its part and I believe my foundation can also play a part, so it’s exciting to be a part of this.

Thank you.

比尔盖茨:早上好,有幸能够与这个杰出的领导们成为一组,这是我首次参加这个会议,对于把这个重要的对话作为这场会议一部分而深表感激.我希望我不是作为一个经济增长率最低的、最高财政赤字国家的代表而上台发言,我想我关注的在科技领域里正在发生的变化。我惊奇的发现托马斯.弗瑞得曼的<<世界是扁的>>一书,不仅在美国很受欢迎,同样的情况也出现在亚洲国家。这本书向人们惊奇地讲述了两个同样令人惊奇的事物如何一些出现。其一,就是亚洲的经济发展,尤其是在投资的增长及对教育的关注。其二,是科技领域所取得的众多进步以及网络时候的到来。而所有的这些事物的结果就是改变了众多“游戏规则。我想用种一种简单的方式来描述就是在过去一个人拥有的机会是由所处的国家所决定的,而现在我们可以这样说一个人所拥有机会的多寡更多的是由他所接受的教育所决定的。

亚洲的进步
亚洲取得的进步是难以置信的。仅仅从数字来看,在我看来就是十分惊奇。你再来看看建设,或者再到大学里,学生们的能力已经处于世界水平了。10年前,微软在亚洲建立了研究院。成果也是相当惊人,已经处于世界最好的行列。不公亚洲从科技进行中获益,而亚洲将会成为科技突破与技术进步的主要源泉。而这一切将从这里开办公司开始。在美国,开始了这个一个调查:下一位的比尔盖茨将会在哪里?60%的美国人认为下一位巨大的成功者将会来自亚洲。我认为这里正确的,也是惊人的。这里正在进行的各项投资和发生的诸多变化将会带来杰作,这是显而易见的。

技术能为我们做什么呢?

技术能为我们做什么呢?它给我们带来了手机,电脑和网络。我们可以说一个拥有电脑的员工查看信息的方式要比基于纸张的方式好的多。他们可以使用数据库,与客户交流并可以看清趋势。像视频这样的媒体可以让人们能够简单地点击视频就可以刷新他们的技能或者用个小测试来检测他们的知识。使你询问雇员有关他们项目与目标的能力,与员工一起追逐与分享企业目标的能力,达到持续追踪那些对你的组织至关重要的指标的能力,越来越多的员工配备了这样的工具—台能够联网的电脑。这是有史以来人类利用自己的创造力而创造出来的最伟大的工具。它使人们能够以更丰富的方式来进行交流与分享信息。今天,对于学生而言,他们只能在学校、图书馆和社区中心在一天中的有限时间内来利用共用的电脑。我们的目标就是让电脑的价格足够低以使每一个学生都可以拥有一台。界时,我希望那会场新景象。它的外形看起来像有一张纸那般大小,电脑可以与你进行对话,并能识别你的语音。即便你用带墨水的笔书写,电脑也可以识别。这样一个联上网络的设备可以给你任何书本也无法提供的教学资料。到时边书本也不需要了,因为信息被直接显示在电脑屏幕上。
近年来的诸多科技进步,包括了像在网络上作为一种标准事物的视频。以及将电话网与数据网结合起来。你不需要有你的公司里有一个独立的座机或者PBX。我们只要用遍布于英特网的软件就可以获得比原来的电话系统既低而且又高效得多的沟通能力。你可以共享文件并协同办公。如果你回家办公室看看谁打了你的电话,你将立刻获得一个清单。如果进行规模化动作,这样的沟通方式将会带来巨大的收益。

技术与政府办公的透明性

对于居民来讲,技术的应用将使政府公务更透明。可以看清楚纳税人的钱被如何支配。它可以使这些信息得以共享,并讨论他们处理事情存在的共同利益的地方,而在这些领域中政府可以做得更好。这是一种可以让人们分享他们的观点、解决通常需要政府面对的复杂,需要综合平衡各方利益难题的方式。既然我们在经济、医疗和教育领域取得了令世人瞩目的成就,是不是人人都可以平等地分享这些成就呢?这是个巨大的挑战!尽管市场的力量非常强大,但我们仍需要辅之以政府的调控,慈善事业及特殊的激励政策来确定这种成果被公平地享有。

我们来看下医药业的发展。90%医药业取得的进步都是致力于改善20%的富人的疾病状况。我记得当我的基金会举办了2000万美元的赠款用于疟疾疫苗时,有人告诉我两倍的资金将用于那项工作。这真是一个惊人的事情,因为这种疾病每年造成100多万儿童的死亡。然而并没有足够的资源投入。由于众多原因,市场的力量并没有能够使这些措施付诸现实。我是一个乐观的人。我认为通过政府的努力,企业的作为可以使这些基本的公司能够使这些优势广泛流传。对于微软公司而言,那就是给第一个青年一个能够使用上联网电脑的机会。在许多国家,我们与政府合作的项目已经进入了图书馆,进入了学校。在中国的农村,我们举办了试点项目,对教师进行培训并降低入网成本。那项工作已步入正规,着实让人兴奋!
  需要在教育领域加大投资
  在教育领域加大投资的需求是全方位的。大学教育是重要的因素,而普及基础教育是个重大的挑战。我想我们可以使它们更具效率。在世界范围内,不管有关哪个主题的最好的演讲材料都可以在英特网上找到。如果你想学习有关物理或化学的有关知识,到网上去找吧。过去,我们只能看电视上有限的几个频道,现在,通过把电视节目移植到网络上,你可以取消频道的限制,你可以在任何时候连接你感兴趣的视频节目。在网上可以很方便就找到学术文章,学生们可以看录像,测试他们的知识并与其他同学交谈。我深信我们对教育进行改革。不仅是学生,还包括所有的教师都会看到最好的实践或者是材料可以让他们更有效地完成他们的工作。在世界上的任何一个国家,在国民经济中,教育与医疗都在占据越来越大的份量。确保在这些领域中引入技术显得至关重要。

微软与亚洲
  微软见到了做好软件的无限商机。我们在北京和上海都开办了著名的学校,将会带来超过现有数量两倍的研发人才进入到这些地方。这是我们与其他的厂商将这种扩张的态势带到整个亚洲。毫无疑问,亚洲将会与它所占的人口比例一样,研发基地量也会朝60%这个方向上努力。如果我们从理科与工程类的类的学生数来看,亚洲拥有较高的比例。那些学生们的质量将会继续提高并达到让他们有所作为的水平。技术已经缩小的空间的距离,使得寻求信息变量一种很轻而易举的事情。不用再过多小年,你将可以与你的手机对话并获取信息。你将可以看地图并会拥有电子货币。你将不用为电话号码而烦心就可以与他人沟通。你将很容易就找到一个人并与他们保存联系。它将不仅仅是手机,或者个人电脑,还是电视和汽车。我们将以一种更广泛的方式应用技术并使它们更加人性化。
 亚洲奇迹!
让我以亚洲的平衡快速的经济增长真是一个奇迹来结束今天的演讲。它在全球经济一体化中取得了难以置信的成就。找到并发扬其中的关键因素并将它维持下去,并且技术如何发挥起来越积极重要的角色,这是我感举并致力于要做的事情。

我深信在这个进程中,微软能够发挥它的作用,我的基金会也能够发挥好它的作用,能够参与到这个进程中来甚感兴奋!!

谢谢大家!(完)

沙发
发表于 2007-6-17 12:11:37 | 只看该作者
哈哈 一不小心 又有沙发坐啊
板凳
发表于 2007-6-17 13:57:24 | 只看该作者
有幸拜读,收获颇多

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表