回复
查看
打印 上一主题 下一主题
ke
楼主
跳转到指定楼层
分享到:
发表于 2007-5-15 16:21:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

Many books/articles have been written about strategy. While I think the books/articles that worths reading again and again is Porter’s What is Strategy, which was published on Harvard Business Review in Nov-Dec,1996.

fficeffice" /> 

Today, I spent some hours read Jack Trout’s Trout on Strategy. I’m sorry that I didn’t finish the book as I found the book was attractive for the front part but not the latter.

Strategy is: what makes you unique and what is the best way to put that difference into the minds of your customers and prospects. To achieve the goal, you should choose what to do and not. To operate efficiently, you should make things fit-together.

The following are some except from the book.

Chapter 1: Strategy is all about survival

Using good strategy is how you survive what I call the tyranny of choice.

What used to be national markets with local companies competing for business has become a global market with everyone competing for everyone's business everywhere.

The only problem is that they go into so much detail that you're more confused than when you started.

In a tough world, using strategy is how you survive.

Chapter 2: Strategy is all about perceptions

Minds are limited. The mind rejects new information that doesn't compute .It accepts only new information that matches its current state of mind.

An advertiser who wants to introduce a new product category must carry in a new ladder. This, too, is difficult, especially if the new category is not positioned against the old one. The mind has no room for what's new and different unless it's related to the mind.

Human beings rely more heavily on learning than any other species that has ever existed.

The secret of being remembered: keep it simple. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Pure logic is no guarantee of a winning argument.

Minds tend to be emotional, not rational.

It turns out that we're actually more impressed by what we already know(or buy) than by what's 'new'.

Perception is reality.

Don't get confused by facts.

沙发
发表于 2007-5-15 18:08:43 | 只看该作者

波特的书值得好好读:)

Minds are limited. The mind rejects new information that doesn't compute .It accepts only new information that matches its current state of mind.

这句经典

使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表