mingfangzmf 发表于 2009-11-20 11:27:30

[原创]改变你一生的励志美文

&nbsp; <br/>
<p>A man, like a watch, is to be valued by his manner of going.</p><br/>
<p>Never, Never, Never Give up</p>
<p>Winston Spencer Churchill was born on November 30, 1874, in England. He served in the British Army until 1899. The following year, Churchill began his long career in the government.</p>
<p>Churchill was elected to various positions for the next serveral years. After the beginning of World War 2, Churchill was appointed First Lord of the Admiralty. In the early May, the former Prime Minister of England resigned and Churchill was appointed to the position by King George VI. England’s army suffered many losses early on and Churchill faced a great deal of criticism. But one of the major contributions he made to eventual victory was his ability to inspire the British people to greater effort by making public broadcasts on significant-occasions. A brilliant orator, he was a tireless source of strength to people experiencing the sufferings of the German bombing campaign.</p>
<p>On October 28, 1941, Churchill made a speech at Harrow School which he attended as a youth. Part of the speech included the line, ‘Never, Never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming migh of the enemy.’ He also used the phrase, ‘Never, never, never give up.’ In his personal writing and correspondence.</p>
<p>Churchill lost his bid for re-election in 1945 and shortly thereafter suffered his first stroke. He remained active in politics, returning to the Prime Minister position in 1951, until his health forced him to retire in 1956. throughout his life he was avid writer and even won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Sir Winston Churchill passed away on January 24, 1965.</p>
[此贴子已经被作者于2009-11-20 11:28:58编辑过]

mingfangzmf 发表于 2009-11-20 13:32:20

&nbsp;
<p>We have no more right to consume happiness without producting it than to consume wealth without producing it.</p>
<p>George Bernard Shaw, British dramatist</p>
<p align="center">The secret of happiness</p>
<p>The old man shuffled slowly into the restaurant. With head tilted, and shoulders bent forward, he leaned on his trusty cane with each unhurried step.</p>
<p>His tattered cloth jacket, patched trousers, worn out shoes, and warm personality made him stand out from the usual Saturday morning breakfast crowd. Unforgettable were his pale blue eyes that sparked like diamonds, large rosy cheeks, and thin lips held in a tight, steady smile.</p>
<p>He stopped, turned with his whole body, and winked at a little girl seated by the door. She flashed a big grin right back at him. A young waitress named Mary watched him shuffle toward a table by the window.</p>
<p>Mary ran over to him, and said, ‘Here, Sir. Let me give you a hand with that chair.’</p>
<p>Without saying a word, he smiled and nodded a thank you. She pulled the chair away from the table. Steadying him with one arm, she helped him move in front of the chair, and get comfortably seated. Then she scooted the table up close to him, and learned his cane againg the table where he could reach it.</p>
<p>In a soft, clear voice he said, ‘Thank you, Miss. And bless you for your kind gestures.’ ‘You’re welcome, Sir.’ She replied. ‘And my name is Mary. I’ll be back in a moment, and if you need anything at all in the meantime, just wave at me!’</p>
<p>After he had finished a hearty meal of pancakes, bacon, and hot lemon tea, Mary brought him the change from his ticket. He left it lay. She helped him up from his chair, and out from behind the table. She handed him his cane, and walked with him to the front door.</p>
<p>Holding the door open for him, she said, ‘Come back and see us, Sir!’</p>
<p>He turned with his whole body, winked a smile, and nodded a thank you. ‘You’re very kind,’ he said softly.</p>
<p>When Mary went to clean his table, she almost fainted. Under his plate she found a business card and a note scribbled on a napkin. Under the napkin was a one hundred dollar bill. The not on the napkin read..</p>
<p>‘Dear Mary, I respect you very much, and you respect yourself too.</p>
<p>It shows by the way you treat others. You have found the secret of happiness. Your kind gestures will shine through those who meet you.’</p>
<p>The man she had waited on was the owner of the restaurant where she worked. This was the first time that she, or any of his employees had ever seen him in person.</p>

mingfangzmf 发表于 2009-11-20 13:33:47

很好的文章,我会经常上传的,如果喜欢,大家一起共享。

啊黄 发表于 2009-11-23 15:39:55

I LIKE IT ,THANKS FOR YOUR KINDNESS
页: [1]
查看完整版本: [原创]改变你一生的励志美文