fannyhua 发表于 2007-10-29 19:51:48

[分享]日常用英语8000句连载(21)

●反问<br/>有事吗?&nbsp;<br/>Yes?<br/>Excuse me... (对不起……)<br/>Yes? (有事吗?)&nbsp;<br/>为何?&nbsp;<br/>What for?<br/>I bought this beautiful pen. (我买了一支漂亮的钢笔。)<br/>What for? (那又为何?)&nbsp;<br/>您说什么?&nbsp;<br/>Pardon me? *因为声音小而没有听清楚或一时没能理解对方所表达的意思时,与其装作听见或听懂了,不如问一句Pardon me?这样就可以不失礼貌地将对话进行下去。<br/>Is there a post office near here? (这附近有邮局吗?)<br/>Pardon me? (您说什么?)<br/>Pardon?<br/>I beg your pardon?&nbsp;<br/>现在怎么样?&nbsp;<br/>How about now?&nbsp;<br/>对不起,你说什么?&nbsp;<br/>Excuse me?<br/>What did you say?&nbsp;<br/>什么?&nbsp;<br/>What? *用于没听清对方说什么、没理解对方的意思时。但这样的问法让人听起来有些粗鲁和生硬。<br/>Huh? *比what?更随便的说法。&nbsp;<br/>你说什么来着?&nbsp;<br/>Did you say anything? *用于没听见对方说什么、或别人说话时,自己走神或不知对方是否说了什么的场合。&nbsp;<br/>对不起,你说什么来着?&nbsp;<br/>I'm sorry, what did you say? *确实听到对方说了什么,希望对方能够重复一遍。&nbsp;<br/>那又怎么样呢?&nbsp;<br/>So what? *含有不感兴趣和轻蔑的语气。口语中常用。<br/>What of it?&nbsp;<br/>什么意思?&nbsp;<br/>What does it mean? *没弄明白对方所说事情时,可以这样积极主动地问。<br/>What do you mean?<br/>Please explain what you mean. (请您解释一下您的意思。)<br/>What are you trying to say? (您想说什么?)<br/>What do you mean by that? (您这是什么意思?)&nbsp;<br/>你是说……吗?&nbsp;<br/>Are you saying that...? *确认对方讲话内容时。<br/>Are you saying that it's a bad idea? (你是说这个主意不好?)<br/>That's right. (是的。)<br/>Do you mean...?<br/>Are you trying to say that...?<br/>后来怎么样了?&nbsp;<br/>Then what?<br/>And then?<br/>What happened then?&nbsp;<br/>他到底想干吗?&nbsp;<br/>What's he driving at? *用于不明白对方的意图时。&nbsp;<br/>您能再说一遍吗?&nbsp;<br/>Would you repeat that, please? *用于没有听清或没有听懂时。<br/>Could you repeat that, please?<br/>Could you say that again, please?<br/>Say it again. (再说一遍。)<br/>Please say it again. (请再说一遍。)<br/>Please repeat that. (请再重复一遍。)&nbsp;<br/>您说得太快了。&nbsp;<br/>You're speaking too quickly.<br/>You're talking too fast.&nbsp;<br/>请您再说慢一点儿。<br/>Please say it more slowly.<br/>Please speak more slowly.<br/>More slowly, please.<br/>Please speak slower.<br/>Please don't speak so quickly. (请您不要说得太快。)<br/>Would you slow down, please? (您能说慢一点儿吗?)&nbsp;<br/>我跟不上您说的。&nbsp;<br/>I can't keep up.&nbsp;<br/>请再大一点儿声说。&nbsp;<br/>Please speak a little louder.<br/>Could you speak up? (您能再大一点儿声儿吗?)<br/>A little louder, please? (请大点儿声。)<br/>Speak up, please? (请大声说。)<br/>Please speak up.<br/>Please speak louder.&nbsp;<br/>我听不见。&nbsp;<br/>I can't hear you. *这种情况下只能用hear而不能用listen。<br/>I can't hear a word you're saying. (我根本听不见你说什么。)<br/>I can't hear you at all. (根本听不见。)<br/>I can't hear you well. (我听不太清楚。)&nbsp;<br/>我没听见你说什么。&nbsp;<br/>I couldn't catch what you said. *“听见,明白(话语等)”。<br/>I didn't catch that.&nbsp;<br/>你在说什么呢?&nbsp;<br/>What are you talking about? *用于听不懂对方所说的内容,或没注意听对方说什么的场合。<br/>What did you say? (你说什么呢?)<br/><br/>●感想<br/>就像我一样。&nbsp;<br/>Just like me!<br/>John is very smart. (约翰真聪明。)<br/>Yeah, just like me! (嗯,就像我一样。)*夫妻谈论自己的儿子约翰。&nbsp;<br/>好吃吗?&nbsp;<br/>Was it good?<br/>We had melon for lunch at school. (在学校吃午饭时,我们吃了哈蜜瓜。)<br/>Was it good? (好吃吗?)&nbsp;<br/>玩得高兴吗?&nbsp;<br/>Did you have fun?<br/>After school, we played soccer. (放学后,我们去踢足球了。)<br/>Did you have fun? (玩得高兴吗?)&nbsp;<br/>这套衣服怎么样?&nbsp;<br/>How do you like this suit?<br/>How do you like this suit? (这套衣服怎么样?)<br/>It looks great on you. (很配你呀!)<br/>How do you like this suit? (你看这件衬衫怎么样?)<br/>I think it's nice. (我觉得挺好。)&nbsp;<br/>你觉得怎么样?&nbsp;<br/>How did you like it?<br/>How did you like it? (你觉得怎么样?)<br/>I liked it very much. (我非常喜欢。)<br/>What did you think of it?&nbsp;<br/>你喜欢吗?&nbsp;<br/>Did you like it?<br/>Did you enjoy it?&nbsp;<br/>你觉得那个怎么样?&nbsp;<br/>What do you think of it? *询问别人有何感想时。<br/>What do you think of our new boss? (你觉得我们新老板怎么样?)<br/>I think she's very friendly. (我觉得她非常友善。)<br/>What do you think about it?<br/><br/>●询问、叙述情况<br/>结果怎么样?&nbsp;<br/>How'd things turn out? *turn out... “结果是……”。<br/>How'd things turn out? (结果怎么样?)<br/>They turned out to be miserable. (结果很惨。)<br/>How was it?<br/>How did it go?<br/>How did it turn out?<br/>How did it end up?&nbsp;<br/>长话短说……&nbsp;<br/>To make a long story short,...&nbsp;<br/>你就简明扼要地说吧。&nbsp;<br/>Just tell me the story in a nutshell. *nutshell “坚果的壳”,in a nutshell是惯用语,“简明扼要地说,总结性地说”。<br/>Give it to me in a nutshell.&nbsp;<br/>告诉我详细情况。<br/>Let me know the circumstances.<br/>Let me know the situation.&nbsp;<br/>轻而易举。&nbsp;<br/>A piece of cake. *像吃一块蛋糕一样简单。“轻而易举”。<br/>How was the test? (你考试考得怎么样?)<br/>A piece of cake. (简直轻而易举。)<br/>It was a piece of cake.<br/>It was very easy.<br/>It was a snap.<br/>It was no problem (at all).<br/>It was as easy as 1,2,3.<br/>It was as easy as A,B,C.&nbsp;<br/>到现在为止还好。&nbsp;<br/>So far, so good.<br/>How's your cooking going? (你做饭做得怎么样了?)<br/>So far, so good. (到现在为止还好。)<br/>Up till now, no problems.<br/>马马虎虎。&nbsp;<br/>So-so. *“不好不坏,过得去”。<br/>How's school? (你们学校怎么样?)<br/>So-so. (马马虎虎。)&nbsp;<br/>(事情)就是这样。<br/>That's about it.&nbsp;<br/>没什么了不起的。<br/>It was nothing.<br/>Wow! How'd you do that? (哇!你怎么做出来的?)<br/>It was nothing. (这没什么。)<br/>It was no big deal.&nbsp;<br/>这很简单。&nbsp;<br/>There's nothing to it.<br/>Can you help me E-mail? (你能教我用一下E-mail(电子邮件)吗?)<br/>Sure, there's nothing to it. (当然,这很简单。)<br/>It's a piece of cake. (这轻而易举。)<br/>Nothing complicated about it. (这没什么复杂的。)&nbsp;<br/>啊,真灵!&nbsp;<br/>It worked!<br/>And if you plug this in... (然后你插上插头……)<br/>It worked! (啊,亮了!)<br/>It did the job!&nbsp;<br/>还需再加把劲。&nbsp;<br/>It needs work. *还需要努力才能达到完美,变得更好。<br/>What about the new computer system? (那个新的计算机系统怎么样?)<br/>It needs work. (还需改进。)<br/>It needs more work.<br/>It needs some work.&nbsp;<br/>就差那么一点儿。&nbsp;<br/>Almost. *表示“可惜”,“差一点儿”。<br/>Almost! (就差那么一点儿。)<br/>I thought it was a home run. (我以为是个本垒打呢。)&nbsp;<br/>越来越不好。&nbsp;<br/>Going from bad to worse. *直译是“从不好到更糟糕的”,可以用于人际关系、经济或成绩等多种场合。<br/>How's married life? (婚后生活怎么样?)<br/>Going from bad to worse. (越来越糟。)<br/>Getting increasingly worse.<br/>Getting worse and worse (all the time).&nbsp;<br/>他一举成名。<br/>He made it big. *make it big “在社会上取得了成功”。<br/>He became very successful.<br/>He is a big success.&nbsp;<br/>问题解决了。&nbsp;<br/>We're set. *这句用来表示“准备好了,预备好了”。set“解决”。<br/>They just fixed the car. (他刚把车修好。)<br/>We're set. (问题解决了。)<br/>We're set. (我们准备好了。)<br/>Let's get going. (那我们走吧。)<br/>Our problem's solved.<br/>We're ready.<br/>We're okay.<br/><br/>●随声附和<br/>我知道了。&nbsp;<br/>I see. *边向对方表示自己已理解,边使对话顺利进行。<br/>That's why I was late. (……所以我才来晚了。)<br/>I see. (我知道了。)<br/>嗯,嗯。&nbsp;<br/>Uh-huh. *当同意对方的意见时,可以代替Yes。&nbsp;<br/>啊,是吗?&nbsp;<br/>You have? *①I've been to Chicago. (我去过芝加哥。) →You have? ②He's from Chicago.(他是芝加哥人。) →He is? ③He went to Chicago. (他去芝加哥了。) →He did? ④He is tall. (他的个子很高。) →He is? ⑤He's cooking now. (他正在做饭。) →He is? 以上各句的答句要作相应变化。&nbsp;<br/>是那样吗?&nbsp;<br/>Is that right? *可以只表示“是那样吗?”,也可以表示“这样对吗?”<br/>Is that so?<br/>Is that true?<br/>Is that correct?&nbsp;<br/>是那样。&nbsp;<br/>That's right.&nbsp;<br/>没错!&nbsp;<br/>Exactly! *强调肯定的语气。<br/>That's it exactly.<br/>That's exactly it.&nbsp;<br/>是吗?&nbsp;<br/>Oh, yeah? *比较随便的说法。&nbsp;<br/>是吗?&nbsp;<br/>Is that so?<br/>Really?<br/>Oh, really?<br/>Oh, do you?<br/>Oh, you do?<br/>Oh, you like it? (哦,你喜欢吗?)<br/>Oh, thank you. (哦,谢谢。)<br/>It's nice, isn't it? (是不是特棒呀?)&nbsp;<br/>然后呢?&nbsp;<br/>And? *希望对方继续说下去,和将对方正在考虑,正在想的事情引出来时。&nbsp;<br/>我也是。&nbsp;<br/>Me, too. *用于同意对方的意见及想法相同时。这是比较随便的说法,儿童之间常用。在工作场合最好不用。<br/>So am I.<br/>So do I.<br/>So did I.<br/>我也不……&nbsp;<br/>Neither do I. *用于对对方“我不……”的话的回应,表示“我也不……”的意见时。比“Me, neither.”要正式。<br/>Tom doesn't want to go. (汤姆不想去。)<br/>Neither do I. (我也不想去。)<br/>Me, neither. *说法比较随便。正式的工作场合最好不用。&nbsp;<br/>别说傻话。&nbsp;<br/>Don't be silly.<br/>I'll pay for dinner. (我付晚饭的钱。)<br/>Don't be silly. (别说傻话。)<br/>Don't be foolish.&nbsp;<br/>真是太倒霉了。<br/>That's too bad. *听了对方叙述不好的事情时使用。<br/>I've lost my wallet. (我丢了我的钱包。)<br/>That's too bad. (真是太倒霉了。)&nbsp;<br/>真的吗?&nbsp;<br/>Are you sure?&nbsp;<br/>真是太过分(遗憾)了!&nbsp;<br/>What a shame!&nbsp;<br/>那好哇。<br/>Good! *答应、满足的语气。&nbsp;<br/>真叫人吃惊。&nbsp;<br/>What a surprise! *用于没想到的事情,或被对方出其不意地吓了一跳时。<br/>我真希望不是这样。&nbsp;<br/>I hope not.&nbsp;<br/>要是那样就好了!&nbsp;<br/>I hope so.&nbsp;<br/>太棒了!&nbsp;<br/>Great!&nbsp;<br/>难以置信!&nbsp;<br/>Unbelievable!<br/>See? My dog can sing. (你知道吗?我的狗会唱歌。)<br/>Unbelievable! (难以置信!)<br/>Incredible.&nbsp;<br/>开玩笑吧!&nbsp;<br/>No kidding!<br/>You're kidding!<br/>You're joking!<br/>That can't be!&nbsp;<br/>行!没问题!&nbsp;<br/>You bet.<br/>May I borrow your pen? (可以借用你的钢笔吗?)<br/>You bet. (当然行。)<br/>No problem.<br/>Sure.<br/>Certainly.<br/><br/>●一时语塞<br/>嗯……&nbsp;<br/>Well... *这是种很方便的表达方式。以下三种情况都可以用。(1)一时回答不了或说不上来时。“嗯……”、“唉……”、“这个嘛……”、“话是不错,可……”。(2)相当吃惊时。“哎呀!”、“什么?”、“啊!”。(3)改变话题继续交谈时。“那么……”、“可是……”、“后来……”。<br/>Umm...<br/>Hmm...&nbsp;<br/>让我想想。&nbsp;<br/>Let me see. *see “考虑”、“盘算”、“想”,口语中常用来表示无法立刻答复,一时想不出回答的话,或想说点什么。<br/>May I take your order? (您点什么菜?)<br/>Well, let me see...(点什么呢?……)<br/>Let's see.<br/>Let me check. (让我查查。)<br/>I'll find out for you. (我找找。)<br/>我的意思是……&nbsp;<br/>I mean... *“就是说”、“不,其实我是说……”,用于会话中补充或纠正自己的发言时。<br/>May I ask who you are? (请问您是哪位?)<br/>I'm a friend of John's... I mean, Mr. Sheehan. (我是约翰的朋友,我是说我是希恩先生的朋友。)*当说话的人是希恩先生的朋友时。&nbsp;<br/>话就在嘴边上。<br/>It's on the tip of my tongue.&nbsp;<br/>说什么好呢?&nbsp;<br/>What should I say... *用于委婉表达难以启齿的事情,一时找不到合适的词,争取考虑时间的情况。<br/>How should I put this...<br/>How should I put it...&nbsp;<br/>我真不知道该说什么好……&nbsp;<br/>I don't know quite how to put this.<br/>You said you wanted to talk to me...&nbsp;<br/>(听说你有话要对我说……)<br/>Well, I don't know quite how to put this... (嗯,我真不知道该说什么好……)<br/>I don't know how to say this.<br/>I'm not sure how to put this.&nbsp;<br/>这可让你问着了。&nbsp;<br/>Beats me. *回答不了别人的提问时,“哎呀!这可糟了”、 “怎么说呢”、 “不知道呀”的语气。<br/>What's the population of Narita? (成田市有多少人口呀?)<br/>Beats me. (这可让你问着了。)<br/>I can't answer that. (我可答不上来。)&nbsp;<br/>叫什么来着?&nbsp;<br/>What do you call it? *一时想不出要说的东西的名字的时候。口语中常发音为Whatchamacallit?<br/>What would you call it? *把“do”换成“would”则用于另外一种场合。意思是“你管它叫什么?”&nbsp;<br/>让你问住了。&nbsp;<br/>You've got me. *回答不上来问话时。<br/>Who's the prime minister of Canada? (加拿大的总理是谁?)<br/>You've got me. (让你问住了。)<br/>

liu0818 发表于 2007-11-2 23:05:22

是不是太多了点,复制都麻烦,o(∩_∩)o...
页: [1]
查看完整版本: [分享]日常用英语8000句连载(21)