林妹妹 发表于 2007-6-15 14:21:09

[转帖]原则问题

<p><font color="#000000">Selling secondhand books at our church bazaar of America, I got into an argument with a prospective customer. He was interested in buying The Pocket Book of Ogden Nash but claimed it was overpriced at a half dollar. Other paperbacks were selling for five or nine cents each. I pointed out that the book was in good condition and Nash was a fun poet. Therefore the price was reasonable. He said it was a matter of principle and he couldn’t accept it for such a high price. Ultimately, I agreed to sell him the book for nine cents. Triumphant, he paid with a $10 bill.&nbsp;<span style="DISPLAY: none;"><font face="Tahoma">&nbsp;</font></span>&nbsp;<br/>  “Keep the change,” he said generously.</font><span style="DISPLAY: none;"><font face="Tahoma"><br/></font><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">&nbsp;</font></span><span style="DISPLAY: none;"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">翻译:</font><span style="DISPLAY: none;"><br/><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></span><font face="宋体"><font color="#000000" size="3">在美国教堂的义卖市场上卖旧书时,我与一名可能要买书的顾客发生了一场争论。他对购买袖珍《奥金•纳什集》颇感兴趣,但是说它要五十美分开价过高,其它的平装书每本才卖五或九美分。 <br/>  我指出这本书保存状况颇好,纳什是个有趣的诗人。因此这个要价是合理的。他说这是个原则问题,这么高的价格他是没法接受的。最终,我同意以九美分的价格将这本书卖给他。他得意洋洋地拿出一张十美元的票子要付帐。</font></font></span></p><p><span style="DISPLAY: none;"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “零钱不用找了,”他慷慨地说。</font><div class="tpc_content"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3"></font></div><div class="tpc_content"><div class="tpc_content"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp; 在中国,很多人会将此事当笑话来看,不过,转念想想,我们不妨学学这里面的原则问题,原则与目标如何平衡?</font></div></div></span></p><div class="tpc_content"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3"></font></div><div class="tpc_content"><div class="tpc_content"><font face="宋体" color="#000000" size="3">&nbsp;&nbsp; 在中国,很多人会将此事当笑话来看,不过,转念想想,我们不妨学学这里面的原则问题,原则与目标如何平衡?</font></div></div><p></p><div class="tpc_content"><font face="宋体" size="3">  </font></div>
[此贴子已经被作者于2007-6-15 14:23:18编辑过]

lldtm 发表于 2007-6-15 15:52:21

<p>恩,可爱的老外。林妹妹竟能从这样一个小故事引申出原则与目标如何平衡,呵呵,我答不上来,且看楼下各位兄台的回复</p>

ericoa 发表于 2012-2-27 07:46:04

感谢楼主发帖 ,收藏了!

页: [1]
查看完整版本: [转帖]原则问题