ke 发表于 2007-5-15 16:21:04

comments on "Trout on Strategy"

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Many books/articles have been written about strategy. While I think the books/articles that worths reading again and again is Porter’s <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">What is Strategy</I>, which was published on <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Harvard Business Review</I> in Nov-Dec,1996. </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">&nbsp;</SPAN></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Today, I spent some hours read Jack Trout’s <EM>Trout on Strategy</EM>. I’m sorry that I didn’t finish the book as I found the book was attractive for the front part but not the latter.</SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US><o:p><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">&nbsp;</SPAN></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Strategy is: what makes you unique and what is the best way to put that difference into the minds of your customers and prospects. To achieve the goal, you should choose what to do and not. To operate efficiently, you should make things fit-together.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US><o:p><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">&nbsp;</SPAN></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">The following are some except from the book.</SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Chapter 1: Strategy is all about survival<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Using good strategy is how you survive what I call the tyranny of choice.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">What used to be national markets with local companies competing for business has become a global market with everyone competing for everyone's business everywhere.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">The only problem is that they go into so much detail that you're more confused than when you started.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">In a tough world, using strategy is how you survive.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Chapter 2: Strategy is all about perceptions<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Minds are limited. The mind rejects new information that doesn't compute .It accepts only new information that matches its current state of mind.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">An advertiser who wants to introduce a new product category must carry in a new ladder. This, too, is difficult, especially if the new category is not positioned against the old one. The mind has no room for what's new and different unless it's related to the mind.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Human beings rely more heavily on learning than any other species that has ever existed.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">The secret of being remembered: keep it simple. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Pure logic is no guarantee of a winning argument.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Minds tend to be emotional, not rational.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">It turns out that we're actually more impressed by what we already know(or buy) than by what's 'new'.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Perception is reality.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ">Don't get confused by facts.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

rockking 发表于 2007-5-15 18:08:43

<p>波特的书值得好好读:)</p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ;">Minds are limited. The mind rejects new information that doesn't compute .It accepts only new information that matches its current state of mind.</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ;"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span lang="EN-US" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: ;">这句经典<p></p></span></p>
页: [1]
查看完整版本: comments on "Trout on Strategy"